Do you believe there's such a thing as a soulmate?

Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Portrait of the Asshole as a Young Man 24

The author (right) as actor; LMG forever!

For this, New Shoes's 300th post, I thought I'd take some time out as the author to let you know what I've been up to.  Surely you've noticed that my original posts have been replaced with more generic -- albeit helpful -- re-posts of online dating articles and entries from other blogs (thanks, Jehn!).

As some of you may know, New Shoes is just a part of the business (production company) I co-own and co-operate, Leviathan Media Group.  2010 has been a busy year for us, and it's only gotten busier as winter approaches.  That said, more pressing duties require that I re-allocate the time I'd normally spend on thinking up and fleshing out topics.

There simply aren't enough hours in the day!  But no excuses.

I know that many of you would rather hear a fresh voice (like yours truly), but do know that I only re-post articles and blog entries I feel will do just as much if not more justice to you women (and men [LOL]).  At the end of the day you want to know how men really think, and I think I've done a good enough job thus far filling you in.  That said, I know I've been remiss in giving you the "asshole" that forms the whirlpool center of this peculiar blog.

I feel it's important to state, in the interest of full disclosure, that I am dedicated to posting every day until the one-year anniversary of the New Shoes blog; fittingly enough, it's Valentines Day 2011.  After that, posts will become more sporadic as I begin combing through the myriad entries, separating the cream from the dregs until I've got what I need to write "New Shoes: The Book."

That's right.  A book is coming!

So hang with me -- that is to say, hang tough.  Tell your family, friends and co-workers to visit this blog and tell them I'm open to any suggestions that would make it more interactive for you all.  After all, one man is not New Shoes.  I get it from you guys; you give this blog life, and I thank you.

I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment