Do you believe there's such a thing as a soulmate?

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A Portrait of the Asshole as a Young Man 12

"Dad, I need your lighter.  I'm jammin' 'Freebird!'"

I'm very eclectic with my music, as any of my "friends" who haven't hidden me on their Facebook news feeds can attest to.  One minute I'll post a link to Usher's "OMG" and the next a link to Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven."  I can backdoor Otis Redding's "Love Man" with "Blitzkrieg Pop" by The Ramones.

Back before mp3s were the shit, my friends used to asked to borrow my mix CDs because they heard one song on it that sucked them in-- like "I Keep Forgetting" by Michael MacDonald-- only to return it the next day because the playlist was so random they couldn't get into it (the "Battle Scene" score from Gladiator was on that same CD).

I've mentioned in the past that playing music during sex is corny and in many ways diminishes the primal ecstasy of the experience.  On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with playing music beforehand, especially in the car as you take ______ around the Wendy's drive-thru.  My favorite get her in the mood jams:

"Voyage to Atlantis" by The Isley Brothers
"These Arms of Mine" by Otis Redding
"At Your Best (You Are Love)" by Aaliyah
"Superstar" by Usher
"I'm So Deep" by Ready for the World
"Scandalous" by Prince
"Take You Down" by Chris Brown

...and many more.  It did just occur to me that all those songs are by R&B crooners, but hey... you know what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment